=O ...it's HIM !!

nicks blog. random comments and stuff. enjoy =]

Saturday, November 18, 2006

five plus five is not six..

what to say today.. ummmerrrrrrrrrrrrr. since the last time i blogged i have been to my tutoring job again. this morning in fact. had my first bothersome student. lol. i had to sit with this little grade 1 girl and make her add things together. very difficult when a child does not understand what 5 + 6 is. aiyah it tested me. my patience that is. AND when the kid doesnt WANT to concentrate either. ohmylord. like you have to keep saying

nick: COME ON, CONCENTRATE.
OKAY, TURN AROUND NOW.
WHAT IS 5 AND 5? TELL ME.

little girl: *looks at nick.. looks away and talks to another girl* DID YOU SEE THAT CARTOON THIS MORNING?

nick: okay LETS CONCENTRATE BACK HERE.

little girl: *still talking to another girl* MY MUM SAID THAT WHEN IM OLDER SHE'LL BUY ME A CHLOE HANDBAG.

nick: OKAY. SO. if you had FIVE chloe handbags, but you wanted TEN. HOW MANY DOES YOUR MUM HAVE TO BUY YOU?

little girl: hmmmmm. You know what? (after she's just played this surfing game on the comp) I like surfing. You know where you can surf? In Hawaii. I have a holiday house in Hawaii. Do you have a holiday house?

yr 10 girl: no, im poor.

little girl: I'm hungry. I want sushi.. hey (to a year 10 girl) do you eat sushi?

yr 10 girl: i'm japanese. of course i eat sushi.

little girl: you're lucky, your mum can make you sushi

yr 10 girl: oh my god...

nick: OKAY SO IF YOU HAD THREE HAND ROLLS AND YOU SAID TO YOUR MUM i'm HUNGRY MUM I WANT TEN. how many hand rolls of sushi would you need?

little girl: (to me) do you want to work here?

nick: yes..i am working here.

little girl: so are you going to work here? what happened to your face?

nick: *smile* I WILL TELL YOU EVERYTHING WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED THIS EXERCISE OKAY. NOW WHAT IS NINE PLUS ONE?

..and so it went on for an hour. mygoodness. anik would have like died after 10 minutes i reckon. lol you need patience. especially when they dont get even the basics. but anyway.. thats tuition for you. the other kids were actually pretty good. the asian boys are really good with tables lol. good doctor's memories. especially the little ones!! my goodness. grade 2 and already doing long multiplication? i dont remember doing that in grade 2. but i was a bit of an idiot in gr 2 maths.

okay so what else. i made satay the other day. i think i may have said that. in a previous post. haha hands went yellow for a day. anddddd... whattttttt. else. went to fitness first for my 'appointment' for that free tour thing or whatever. TURNS OUT THE PERSON I WAS SUPPOSED TO MEET WAS NOT THERE. AND. THE APPT WAS FOR 6 PM. WHICH IS CLOSING TIME.

uhhhhhhhhhh. what. im not going back now. after i found out membership fees i was like uh no. just change diet and exercise more man. save my damn money what.

okay cool now im going to go. seeeeee youuuuu all.

adieu and good night.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I'm not saying we should execute stupid people, I'm just saying that we should take the safety labels off things"

    Your entry reminded me of this quote.
    *Laughs alloud*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home